Charity golf day raises £9,000 for youth project
- Credit: Archant
An award-winning youth project is £9000 better off, thanks to an annual charity golf day.
The event at Royal Cromer Golf Club was organised by Holt Youth Project.
It included an inspiring talk from project manager and founder Julie Alford.
Prizes were presented by two sisters, aged six and nine, who are part of the Young Carers.
Spokesman Kevin Abbs, on behalf of the project and North Norfolk Rotary Club, said: "Thanks to the management, professional shop and catering team for the superb services offered, alongside the volunteers that help make the day a success.
You may also want to watch:
"The event was held with a full team complement of 96 players and complete hole sponsorship, thanks to business support. Special mention to Norfolk Homes, our main sponsor.
"The winning team was captained by JMS' Jason Sheridan with a score of 99, second was Ryan Carter's team with 96, and Lee Patterson's was third with 95."
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 5 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 8 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Town's skatepark finally reopens