Wife of heart attack survivor rallies team for charity fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
A travel consultant has spoken of how her husband's life was saved by the coronary care unit at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Staff at Hays Travel in Aylsham plus members of the public are holding a charity trampolining event at North Walsham Sports Centre on Sunday, October 14 to raise money for the unit.
Travel consultant Lauren Willetts' husband Matthew, 35, suffered a massive heart attack in June.
She said: 'I'll never forget the surgeon telling me they had just saved my husband's life.
'Matthew had to undergo a procedure to have a stent in his main front artery. After the procedure, all the staff continuously monitored Matt, kept him upbeat as much as possible and helped him adapt to life after a heart attack.
'I feel humbled to know the staff at critical care and I'll never thank them enough for keeping my family together. The high level of care for the critically ill is second to none.'
The team at Hays Travel is looking forward to welcoming as many people as possible to the event and people can also support their efforts by buying a raffle ticket at the branch in Frazers Yard or donating money to the event.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 3 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 4 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 5 Feuding local leaders meet - but both leave unsatisfied
- 6 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 7 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 8 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 9 Host a roast dinner with unlimited Yorkshire puds at newly-refurbished pub
- 10 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
Mrs Willetts added: 'I love the fact that I now have the chance to give back and raise money for the equipment that is so urgently needed to keep up the amazing work to save lives and help people to enjoy their life post heart attack. This event will allow us to raise awareness also of the importance of looking after your heart through exercise.'
Jo Dobbie, branch manager at Hays Travel in Aylsham, said: 'We really hope our lovely clients, local folk and businesses get behind us with this event and support us.'
Prizes include a Hays £100 travel voucher, Bewilderwood tickets, a river cruise on the Broads with Mississippi Cruises, beauty vouchers and products, and champagne.
The donation (price) for the event is £7.50 per trampoline and there are two slots available at 2pm or 3pm. For more information call the team on 01263 733133.