Golf day boosts brain tumour charity close to captain’s heart
- Credit: Archant
A charity day at Mundesley Golf Club raised £3,241 for a cause close to the men's captain's heart.
The annual Captains' Day saw 68 players in 17 teams, led by men's and women's captains Jim McQuattie and Sue Symmons, tackle 27 holes followed by an auction which boosted the funds of Brain Tumour Research.
Mr McQuattie's son Ian was diagnosed with a tumour in October 2015 and had it removed four days later.
After radio and chemotherapy he now has his driving licence back and resumed working as a chemical engineering at BP.
The total was boosted by a Wear a Hat Day organised by Mrs Symmons and a captain's bunker, which raised £200 and £90.
Event winners were Donald Stuart, Roger Shanahan, James Lester and Peter Bennie.
The club is holding a Business Am-Am golf tournament on August 2. Entry is £140 for a team of four. Call 01263 720095.
- 1 Historic town centre shop could become home
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 4 Stunning bee-eaters draw over 5,000 bird watchers to north Norfolk coast
- 5 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 6 In pictures: Potty Morris and folk festival draws thousands to coast
- 7 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 8 Lifeboat crew saves north Norfolk fisherman from hitting rock groynes
- 9 Happisburgh revealed as north Norfolk's most isolated spot
- 10 Cromer Pier Show review: Performers return in spectacular style