Golf day boosts brain tumour charity close to captain’s heart
- Credit: Archant
A charity day at Mundesley Golf Club raised £3,241 for a cause close to the men's captain's heart.
The annual Captains' Day saw 68 players in 17 teams, led by men's and women's captains Jim McQuattie and Sue Symmons, tackle 27 holes followed by an auction which boosted the funds of Brain Tumour Research.
Mr McQuattie's son Ian was diagnosed with a tumour in October 2015 and had it removed four days later.
After radio and chemotherapy he now has his driving licence back and resumed working as a chemical engineering at BP.
The total was boosted by a Wear a Hat Day organised by Mrs Symmons and a captain's bunker, which raised £200 and £90.
You may also want to watch:
Event winners were Donald Stuart, Roger Shanahan, James Lester and Peter Bennie.
The club is holding a Business Am-Am golf tournament on August 2. Entry is £140 for a team of four. Call 01263 720095.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home
- 9 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 10 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed