Charity calls for volunteers to help defeat dementia in Cromer
- Credit: Alan Hatton
Defeating dementia is the target of a fundraiser to take place at Cromer Pier, and organisers are calling on the community to get involved.
Volunteers will be able to help out with bucket collecting on Defeat Dementia Day - Saturday, May 12 - which will help power world-class research through the charity Alzheimer's Research UK.
Holly Noon, the charity's regional fundraising office, said: 'We desperately need more volunteers to come on board and help us make our Defeat Dementia Day a success.
'There are currently 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK, and this number is expected to rise to over one million by 2025.
'At Alzheimer's Research UK, we're solely dedicated to funding life-changing research into dementia. Our vision is a world free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia. We can't achieve this without dedicated volunteers across the country who help us every day at events like this one.'
You may also want to watch:
The fundraiser takes place from 10am to 4pm.
To get involved, email Holly Noon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07741 556564. For further information about Alzheimer's Research UK, or to find out more about fundraising for the charity, call 0300 111 5555 or visit www.alzheimersresearchuk.org
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 3 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 8 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England