Could you chaperone this town carnival’s royal family?
- Credit: Archant
Every town carnival needs a royal family, and every royal family needs a chaperone.
And now the organisers of Sheringham Carnival are searching a new chaperone for its royal family and its head, the queen, a role that has been going for 66 years.
Chris Neville, carnival spokesman, said: 'The role of chaperone covers many areas but focuses on organising and accompanying the family during preparations and on official visits. These will include, for example, presentations and official appearances at some carnival events and visits to various establishments such as care homes and other places within the community where they are always welcomed. Being a chaperone can be busy at times but is always a very rewarding role to fulfil.'
This year's carnival takes place from August 3 to August 11.
For more information about the chaperone role, email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 3 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 6 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 7 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 8 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van