Chance to win tickets to Cromer Pier shows
- Credit: submitted
Music and entertainment lovers are being given the chance to win tickets to two shows at Cromer Pier.
The Manfreds are one of the UK's legendary bands, are set to make a welcome return to Cromer on Friday, March 18 with an exciting new line-up and some famous names from the early years of the bands existence in the 1960's/70's.
Between 1964 and 1979 Manfred Mann scored three British Number One hits – plus two more number one hits in America.
Over this period Manfred Mann's bands featured some of the finest singers on the British pop and rock scene, including Paul Jones, Mike d'Abo, Mick Rogers and Chris Thompson, all of whom have gone on to enjoy successful and varied solo careers.
South African-born Manfred Lubowitz arrived in Britain in 1961. He was already an accomplished jazz pianist and quickly established himself on the London club circuit with drummer Mike Hug with whom he formed the Mann Hug Blues Brothers.
You may also want to watch:
In 1963 the band was re-christened Manfred Mann.
Manfred Mann had their first Number One in the summer of 1964 with Do Wah Diddy Diddy Diddy, written by the famous New York Brill Building song-writing duo of Ellie Greenwich and Jeff Barry.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?
In April 1966 Manfred Mann notched up their second British Number One with the, melodic Pretty Flamingo.
After various departures the group disbanded and embarked on solo careers.
Today's line-up is Paul Jones, Mike Hugg, Tom McGuinness, and Simon Currie
Following on from The Manfreds and back by popular demand on Saturday, March 19 is the Music Hall Tavern, with comedy parodies and interpretations of some of the most famous stars and movies of all time.
Music Hall Tavern has been performing in the Canary Islands for the past 20 Years and its original venue is based in Lanzarote, where its owners and stars including Mrs T (aka Paul Carroll) and Peggy Lee (aka Lee Sanderson) and the cast perform nightly comedy variety dinner shows.
The North Norfolk News in conjunction with the Pavilion Theatre has two tickets for each show.
To have a chance of winning choose which show you would like to see, answer the question below and post the answer to the North Norfolk News at 31 Church Street, Cromer, NR27 9ES by the closing date, Wednesday, March 9.