Chance to win tickets to Cromer Pier shows
- Credit: submitted
Music and entertainment lovers are being given the chance to win tickets to two shows at Cromer Pier.
The Manfreds are one of the UK's legendary bands, are set to make a welcome return to Cromer on Friday, March 18 with an exciting new line-up and some famous names from the early years of the bands existence in the 1960's/70's.
Between 1964 and 1979 Manfred Mann scored three British Number One hits – plus two more number one hits in America.
Over this period Manfred Mann's bands featured some of the finest singers on the British pop and rock scene, including Paul Jones, Mike d'Abo, Mick Rogers and Chris Thompson, all of whom have gone on to enjoy successful and varied solo careers.
South African-born Manfred Lubowitz arrived in Britain in 1961. He was already an accomplished jazz pianist and quickly established himself on the London club circuit with drummer Mike Hug with whom he formed the Mann Hug Blues Brothers.
In 1963 the band was re-christened Manfred Mann.
Manfred Mann had their first Number One in the summer of 1964 with Do Wah Diddy Diddy Diddy, written by the famous New York Brill Building song-writing duo of Ellie Greenwich and Jeff Barry.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Three-car crash in north Norfolk closes road
- 3 Landlord fined £6,000 over excessive cold at rented home
- 4 Extra trains planned for Cromer Carnival crowds
- 5 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 6 Incredible aerial photographs capture Norfolk's crystal clear waters
- 7 Aeroplane goes into inverted spin after midair damage
- 8 'I lived in one of the most remote places in Norfolk'
- 9 What is saltwater toxicity and why is it dangerous for your dog?
- 10 Heatwave 2022: National Trust calls for climate action as sites dry up
In April 1966 Manfred Mann notched up their second British Number One with the, melodic Pretty Flamingo.
After various departures the group disbanded and embarked on solo careers.
Today's line-up is Paul Jones, Mike Hugg, Tom McGuinness, and Simon Currie
Following on from The Manfreds and back by popular demand on Saturday, March 19 is the Music Hall Tavern, with comedy parodies and interpretations of some of the most famous stars and movies of all time.
Music Hall Tavern has been performing in the Canary Islands for the past 20 Years and its original venue is based in Lanzarote, where its owners and stars including Mrs T (aka Paul Carroll) and Peggy Lee (aka Lee Sanderson) and the cast perform nightly comedy variety dinner shows.
The North Norfolk News in conjunction with the Pavilion Theatre has two tickets for each show.
To have a chance of winning choose which show you would like to see, answer the question below and post the answer to the North Norfolk News at 31 Church Street, Cromer, NR27 9ES by the closing date, Wednesday, March 9.