Celebration party at outstanding care home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A celebration party was held after a north Norfolk residential care home was rated outstanding in its latest inspection.
Friends, families and local dignitaries joined staff and residents at Munhaven on Tuesday, August 27.
Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspectors rated the home as outstanding in four of the five key areas when they made an unannounced visit on June 12.
The report highlighted how staff delivered "extremely sensitive and compassionate care" and developed "open and trusting relationships with people and their relatives, maximising the benefit of the care provided".
Alison Roberts, NorseCare's manager at Munhaven, said: "We are all motivated to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life for the people who use Munhaven. I'm so proud of everyone who has made this recognition possible."
Munhaven provides personal and nursing care to 20 people aged 65 and over who are living with dementia.
- 1 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 2 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 3 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 6 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Morgan the model moggie raises £1,000s for other animals
- 9 The north Norfolk roads closing for the Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Cash boost for church campaign backed by Normal for Norfolk star