Celebration of age event in Cromer
Older people in north Norfolk were given the chance to find out more about the services on offer to them at a special celebration of age event held in Cromer.
The event, organised by the North Norfolk Older Peoples Forum, took place at Cromer Parish Church on Friday, October 1, to coincide with National Older Peoples Day.
Representatives from various organisations, including Diabetes UK and North Norfolk District Council were on hand to offer advice and meet with older people.
Mary Granville – White, chair of the forum, said: 'It has been a fantastic event, we have had people tell us that holding it in a church was a good idea as the church is very much part of the community.
'There are two things this event has done, one is helping older people to find out about the services which are available to them and the other is helping the different organisations to find out about each other and make contacts, and meet people face to face.'
You may also want to watch:
She urged any older people's clubs operating in north Norfolk to get in contact with them. The forum can be contacted on 01263 761419.
- 1 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 2 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 3 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 4 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 5 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 6 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 7 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 8 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 9 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof