Celebration of age event in Cromer
Older people in north Norfolk were given the chance to find out more about the services on offer to them at a special celebration of age event held in Cromer.
The event, organised by the North Norfolk Older Peoples Forum, took place at Cromer Parish Church on Friday, October 1, to coincide with National Older Peoples Day.
Representatives from various organisations, including Diabetes UK and North Norfolk District Council were on hand to offer advice and meet with older people.
Mary Granville – White, chair of the forum, said: 'It has been a fantastic event, we have had people tell us that holding it in a church was a good idea as the church is very much part of the community.
'There are two things this event has done, one is helping older people to find out about the services which are available to them and the other is helping the different organisations to find out about each other and make contacts, and meet people face to face.'
You may also want to watch:
She urged any older people's clubs operating in north Norfolk to get in contact with them. The forum can be contacted on 01263 761419.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland