Celebration of age event in Cromer
Older people in north Norfolk were given the chance to find out more about the services on offer to them at a special celebration of age event held in Cromer.
The event, organised by the North Norfolk Older Peoples Forum, took place at Cromer Parish Church on Friday, October 1, to coincide with National Older Peoples Day.
Representatives from various organisations, including Diabetes UK and North Norfolk District Council were on hand to offer advice and meet with older people.
Mary Granville – White, chair of the forum, said: 'It has been a fantastic event, we have had people tell us that holding it in a church was a good idea as the church is very much part of the community.
'There are two things this event has done, one is helping older people to find out about the services which are available to them and the other is helping the different organisations to find out about each other and make contacts, and meet people face to face.'
You may also want to watch:
She urged any older people's clubs operating in north Norfolk to get in contact with them. The forum can be contacted on 01263 761419.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero