Cash boost for North Norfolk charity
A North Norfolk charity has been given a cash funding boost.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb presented the North Norfolk based charity About With Friends a donation of �150 at their headquarters in Cromer.
He also presented some of the young people with certificates for their contributions to the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival.
The money comes from Mr Lamb and a donation he was given to make to a charity of his choice for taking part in an IPSOS Mori survey of parliamentarians.
About With Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare, said: 'I'm delighted with Norman's donation and recognition of our work within North Norfolk. We will ensure that this money is put to excellent use as we really do know how to make every penny go a long way.'
Mr Lamb praised Mrs Dalton-Hare and her team for their work supporting people with learning difficulties.
He said: 'It's thanks to charities like About With Friends that people can get the support and confidence they need to move towards independent living and paid work.'
- 1 First look inside: New deli and surf shop open on coast
- 2 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 3 Norfolk singer's big hopes for her girl band's debut single
- 4 Council urged to take over ownership of derelict Cromer nightclub
- 5 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 6 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 7 'Everything has gone up' - How mum Melanie is dealing with cost of living
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 Two men arrested in connection with string of cooking oil thefts
- 10 Mammoth Marathon winner says course was 'one of the hardest'