Cash boost for North Norfolk charity
A North Norfolk charity has been given a cash funding boost.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb presented the North Norfolk based charity About With Friends a donation of �150 at their headquarters in Cromer.
He also presented some of the young people with certificates for their contributions to the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival.
The money comes from Mr Lamb and a donation he was given to make to a charity of his choice for taking part in an IPSOS Mori survey of parliamentarians.
About With Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare, said: 'I'm delighted with Norman's donation and recognition of our work within North Norfolk. We will ensure that this money is put to excellent use as we really do know how to make every penny go a long way.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lamb praised Mrs Dalton-Hare and her team for their work supporting people with learning difficulties.
He said: 'It's thanks to charities like About With Friends that people can get the support and confidence they need to move towards independent living and paid work.'
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 3 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 4 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 5 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 6 Tell us: Why young people move away from Norfolk
- 7 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 8 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected