Cash boost for North Norfolk charity
A North Norfolk charity has been given a cash funding boost.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb presented the North Norfolk based charity About With Friends a donation of �150 at their headquarters in Cromer.
He also presented some of the young people with certificates for their contributions to the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival.
The money comes from Mr Lamb and a donation he was given to make to a charity of his choice for taking part in an IPSOS Mori survey of parliamentarians.
About With Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare, said: 'I'm delighted with Norman's donation and recognition of our work within North Norfolk. We will ensure that this money is put to excellent use as we really do know how to make every penny go a long way.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lamb praised Mrs Dalton-Hare and her team for their work supporting people with learning difficulties.
He said: 'It's thanks to charities like About With Friends that people can get the support and confidence they need to move towards independent living and paid work.'
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero