Cash boost for North Norfolk charity
A North Norfolk charity has been given a cash funding boost.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb presented the North Norfolk based charity About With Friends a donation of �150 at their headquarters in Cromer.
He also presented some of the young people with certificates for their contributions to the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival.
The money comes from Mr Lamb and a donation he was given to make to a charity of his choice for taking part in an IPSOS Mori survey of parliamentarians.
About With Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare, said: 'I'm delighted with Norman's donation and recognition of our work within North Norfolk. We will ensure that this money is put to excellent use as we really do know how to make every penny go a long way.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lamb praised Mrs Dalton-Hare and her team for their work supporting people with learning difficulties.
He said: 'It's thanks to charities like About With Friends that people can get the support and confidence they need to move towards independent living and paid work.'
- 1 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 2 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 5 How dairy?! See town's ice-cream cone Christmas tree
- 6 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 7 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 8 Village's shops transform into giant advent calendar
- 9 Unique property overlooking Norfolk's Salthouse Marshes is for sale for £800,000
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'