Cash boost for North Norfolk charity
A North Norfolk charity has been given a cash funding boost.
North Norfolk MP Norman Lamb presented the North Norfolk based charity About With Friends a donation of �150 at their headquarters in Cromer.
He also presented some of the young people with certificates for their contributions to the Cromer and Sheringham Arts Festival.
The money comes from Mr Lamb and a donation he was given to make to a charity of his choice for taking part in an IPSOS Mori survey of parliamentarians.
About With Friends chief executive, Helen Dalton-Hare, said: 'I'm delighted with Norman's donation and recognition of our work within North Norfolk. We will ensure that this money is put to excellent use as we really do know how to make every penny go a long way.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Lamb praised Mrs Dalton-Hare and her team for their work supporting people with learning difficulties.
He said: 'It's thanks to charities like About With Friends that people can get the support and confidence they need to move towards independent living and paid work.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall