Man woke in morning gasping for breath, inquest told
- Credit: Archant
A man woke in the morning gasping for breath before he died, an inquest has heard.
Carl Smith, 34, of Old Bear Court, North Walsham, died on January 4 2019 of unknown circumstances.
Norfolk Coroners Court, in Carrow House, Norwich, heard how Mr Smith was a healthy, active man who enjoyed gardening, surfing and kick-boxing.
He had moved to Norfolk from Bedford to help his mother, Margaret Smith, care for his father who had a brain injury after a motorcycle accident.
Mr Smith had gone to bed at 1am and woke at about 6.30am, sitting up-right gasping for breath. His partner, Susan Peters, called an ambulance and was instructed to get him out of bed and lay him on the floor to start chest compressions. The ambulance crew arrived and took over.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Smith was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital but later died.
Area Coroner Yvonne Blake, concluded the death was unascertained.
- 1 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 2 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Deer spotted swimming in sea on Norfolk coast
- 6 'Totally unacceptable' - residents on busy road hit out at 1,800 home plans
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 9 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 10 Rush to save school proms from being axed