Caravan site in Sea Palling can now be used all year round
- Credit: Trevor Deary
Caravans on a site in Sea Palling in north Norfolk can now be used all the year round for holiday purposes.
Lovat Parks Ltd applied for the permanent use of 34 static caravans at Golden Beach park in Beach Road.
And the proposals were approved by North Norfolk District council's development committee on Thursday, July 12.
At present the caravans can only be used between March 20 and October 31 and for 10 days either side of Christmas.
Jaki Cocker, on behalf of Sea Palling and Waxham Parish Council, argued that the water pressure in the village needed to be improved and said the sewage system also backed up.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Environmentally, they (the caravans) were not designed to be used during the winter months. The building rates are much below normal homes, and if people come to stay on a weekly basis, they use village services more. People also come to escape in winter.'
- 1 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Stunning sunset artwork being raffled for new cancer centre
- 4 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 5 £2m bid for 62 new independent living apartments for over 55s
- 6 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 7 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 8 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake