Caravan site in Sea Palling can now be used all year round
- Credit: Trevor Deary
Caravans on a site in Sea Palling in north Norfolk can now be used all the year round for holiday purposes.
Lovat Parks Ltd applied for the permanent use of 34 static caravans at Golden Beach park in Beach Road.
And the proposals were approved by North Norfolk District council's development committee on Thursday, July 12.
At present the caravans can only be used between March 20 and October 31 and for 10 days either side of Christmas.
Jaki Cocker, on behalf of Sea Palling and Waxham Parish Council, argued that the water pressure in the village needed to be improved and said the sewage system also backed up.
She added: 'Environmentally, they (the caravans) were not designed to be used during the winter months. The building rates are much below normal homes, and if people come to stay on a weekly basis, they use village services more. People also come to escape in winter.'
- 1 See inside this 17th century house with a hot tub and direct beach access
- 2 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 3 Blickling bathed in light in stunning festive display
- 4 Historic miller's house goes up for sale - and it needs renovating
- 5 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 6 Review: Cromer Pier Christmas Show at the Pavilion Theatre, Cromer
- 7 Christmas service returns to crematorium
- 8 Norwich woman writes a "truthful and heartbreaking" film about abuse
- 9 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 10 Scarlett-Rose gets the chop for children's charity