Caravan site in Sea Palling can now be used all year round
- Credit: Trevor Deary
Caravans on a site in Sea Palling in north Norfolk can now be used all the year round for holiday purposes.
Lovat Parks Ltd applied for the permanent use of 34 static caravans at Golden Beach park in Beach Road.
And the proposals were approved by North Norfolk District council's development committee on Thursday, July 12.
At present the caravans can only be used between March 20 and October 31 and for 10 days either side of Christmas.
Jaki Cocker, on behalf of Sea Palling and Waxham Parish Council, argued that the water pressure in the village needed to be improved and said the sewage system also backed up.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Environmentally, they (the caravans) were not designed to be used during the winter months. The building rates are much below normal homes, and if people come to stay on a weekly basis, they use village services more. People also come to escape in winter.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder