Car park problems at North Walsham
Anti-social behaviour around a North Walsham car park continues to be a policing priority in the town.Dangerous driving and vehicles congregating at the Midland Road car park, particularly after midnight, were highlighted by the public at a recent Safer Neighbourhood Team meeting.
Anti-social behaviour around a North Walsham car park continues to be a policing priority in the town.
Dangerous driving and vehicles congregating at the Midland Road car park, particularly after midnight, were highlighted by the public at a recent Safer Neighbourhood Team meeting.
Sgt Kersty Brooks said police had stepped up patrols in the area. Two people had been given official warnings for driving in a an anti-social manner and one fixed penalty notice issued for obstruction
A survey among local residents also felt the removal of a bench at the junction of Norwich Road and A149 would help. A meeting with the car park owners, North Norfolk District Council, was being arranged to discuss the issue, which remained a policing priority for the next period too - along with anti-social behaviour, under-age drinking and criminal damage at Pigney's Wood, and parking on dropped kerbs in North Walsham town centre.
Other issues tackled since the last meeting were speeding at Gimingham and Knapton.
- 1 Man charged with drink driving after crash into wall
- 2 Bid to open glampsite in north Norfolk meadow
- 3 Eight cosy cafés in north Norfolk to visit this winter
- 4 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 5 Two rescued from sinking fishing boat
- 6 Three homes for sale in Norfolk village named one of the poshest in the UK
- 7 North Norfolk man charged with drugs offences after arrest in Wales
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Move to make second home owners pay more tax is welcomed