Car abandoned in high water
- Credit: Archant
A car was abandoned during the high water and flooding along the Norfolk coast.
The Ford Fiesta was seen stuck on Hall Road, Cromer this morning (Tuesday, October 1)
A man who has worked for the nearby Forest Park caravan site for more than 30 years said: "I saw a lady and two children walking but didn't add the two things together until I saw the car afterwards.
"She must have tried to get through and her car broke down.
"I see this happen every other year but by the looks of it the council are doing something about it."
It comes as flood alerts were issued along the Norfolk coastline and in tidal areas of the Broads after a yellow weather warning was given for the region.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office warned of heavy rain and disruption from flooding in a yellow warning - the least severe - for areas of southern England.
The forecaster is warning of potential flooding, power cuts and travel disruption until 8pm tonight.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 3 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 4 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Weird Norfolk: What links Westwick’s obelisk, ghosts and stuffed bears?