Car abandoned in high water
- Credit: Archant
A car was abandoned during the high water and flooding along the Norfolk coast.
The Ford Fiesta was seen stuck on Hall Road, Cromer this morning (Tuesday, October 1)
A man who has worked for the nearby Forest Park caravan site for more than 30 years said: "I saw a lady and two children walking but didn't add the two things together until I saw the car afterwards.
"She must have tried to get through and her car broke down.
"I see this happen every other year but by the looks of it the council are doing something about it."
It comes as flood alerts were issued along the Norfolk coastline and in tidal areas of the Broads after a yellow weather warning was given for the region.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office warned of heavy rain and disruption from flooding in a yellow warning - the least severe - for areas of southern England.
The forecaster is warning of potential flooding, power cuts and travel disruption until 8pm tonight.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 3 North Norfolk home with sea views and cafe for sale for £525,000
- 4 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
- 5 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Norfolk inspires designs for £4.8m cancer centre, as opening day nears
- 8 Bid to convert former Sheringham town hall into a home
- 9 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 10 Inquest opens into death of teenager found in his home