Car abandoned in high water
- Credit: Archant
A car was abandoned during the high water and flooding along the Norfolk coast.
The Ford Fiesta was seen stuck on Hall Road, Cromer this morning (Tuesday, October 1)
A man who has worked for the nearby Forest Park caravan site for more than 30 years said: "I saw a lady and two children walking but didn't add the two things together until I saw the car afterwards.
"She must have tried to get through and her car broke down.
"I see this happen every other year but by the looks of it the council are doing something about it."
It comes as flood alerts were issued along the Norfolk coastline and in tidal areas of the Broads after a yellow weather warning was given for the region.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office warned of heavy rain and disruption from flooding in a yellow warning - the least severe - for areas of southern England.
The forecaster is warning of potential flooding, power cuts and travel disruption until 8pm tonight.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters
- 3 Refusal recommended for firm's shipping container
- 4 Tributes paid to Lord Robert Walpole who has died aged 82
- 5 Princess Anne pays flying visit to historic Broads' boatyard
- 6 Own a piece of paradise: One acre willow plantation for sale
- 7 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 8 45,000 sign petition to save harbour railway
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Prison worker wrote affectionate letters to inmate and they kissed, court told