Cannabis factory raid at Aylsham
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police.More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police, who are now tracking down the person who used to live there.
More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
The raid happened at lunchtime last Wednesday as a result of the public contacting the local neighbourhood policing team.
Police said no arrests had been made, but a spokesman added: "We are currently looking for a former female tenant of the property."
Insp Dave Cuff said the operation was another step forward in the force's commitment to driving drug dealers out of local communities to improve the quality of life for local residents.
"Illegal drugs activity will not be tolerated in Norfolk," he added, and warned that police would continue to track down people involved in the production of or dealing in drugs.
- 1 Your say: Should we close carparks at north Norfolk beauty spots?
- 2 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 4 The £500,000 plan to redo two town loos
- 5 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 6 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 7 Hardware store owners to bid farewell after seven decades in business
- 8 Nominees for the North Norfolk Awards 2021 revealed
- 9 Seaside village set to sparkle by turning into giant advent calendar
- 10 'Covid didn't kill off our creativity' - Man, 73, releases Christmas song with puppets
The public, who were the "number one partner" of the neighbourhood policing teams, had a key role to play by alerting them to any concerns.