Cannabis factory raid at Aylsham
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police.More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police, who are now tracking down the person who used to live there.
More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
The raid happened at lunchtime last Wednesday as a result of the public contacting the local neighbourhood policing team.
Police said no arrests had been made, but a spokesman added: "We are currently looking for a former female tenant of the property."
You may also want to watch:
Insp Dave Cuff said the operation was another step forward in the force's commitment to driving drug dealers out of local communities to improve the quality of life for local residents.
"Illegal drugs activity will not be tolerated in Norfolk," he added, and warned that police would continue to track down people involved in the production of or dealing in drugs.
- 1 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 2 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 3 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 4 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
- 5 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 6 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 7 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 8 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 9 Hospital to close with loss of 120 jobs
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
The public, who were the "number one partner" of the neighbourhood policing teams, had a key role to play by alerting them to any concerns.