Cannabis factory raid at Aylsham
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police.More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police, who are now tracking down the person who used to live there.
More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
The raid happened at lunchtime last Wednesday as a result of the public contacting the local neighbourhood policing team.
Police said no arrests had been made, but a spokesman added: "We are currently looking for a former female tenant of the property."
You may also want to watch:
Insp Dave Cuff said the operation was another step forward in the force's commitment to driving drug dealers out of local communities to improve the quality of life for local residents.
"Illegal drugs activity will not be tolerated in Norfolk," he added, and warned that police would continue to track down people involved in the production of or dealing in drugs.
- 1 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 2 'Infamous, not famous': School slated for plan to honour traitor
- 3 Wind farm engineers to drill below cliffs and rivers
- 4 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 5 The Norfolk and Waveney restaurants in the Michelin Guide 2021
- 6 Firms sought for new industrial units
- 7 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 8 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 9 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 10 'I'm waiting to be set free': Almost 15,000 on surgery list for a year
The public, who were the "number one partner" of the neighbourhood policing teams, had a key role to play by alerting them to any concerns.