Cannabis factory raid at Aylsham
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police.More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
A cannabis factory near Aylsham has been raided by police, who are now tracking down the person who used to live there.
More than 145 cannabis plants, along with growing equipment and chemicals, were found in a house at Sankence on the Cawston Road to the west of the town.
The raid happened at lunchtime last Wednesday as a result of the public contacting the local neighbourhood policing team.
Police said no arrests had been made, but a spokesman added: "We are currently looking for a former female tenant of the property."
You may also want to watch:
Insp Dave Cuff said the operation was another step forward in the force's commitment to driving drug dealers out of local communities to improve the quality of life for local residents.
"Illegal drugs activity will not be tolerated in Norfolk," he added, and warned that police would continue to track down people involved in the production of or dealing in drugs.
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 5 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 9 Santa Claus is coming to town - but he won't be taking cash
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
The public, who were the "number one partner" of the neighbourhood policing teams, had a key role to play by alerting them to any concerns.