Call to help Norwich foodbank by donating at tyre centres
- Credit: Archant
Donations are again being accepted for Norwich Foodbank in the run-up to Christmas at tyre centres across the region.
STS Tyre Pros centres are taking donations until December 15 to help the neediest families in the area.
Donations are being gathered at the centres in Holt, Norwich, Wymondham, Swaffham, Acle, Lowestoft, Wisbech, and Watton.
The foodbank needs shower gel and shampoo, long life fruit juice and sponge puddings, tinned ham and fruit, biscuits, and UHT milk, among other items. A spokesman for STS Tyre Pros said: 'Anything tinned or long life, really.'
Last year they raised more than half a tonne of food from mid-November through to mid-December.
You may also want to watch:
Rob Gainsborough, manager at STS Holt, said: 'This year we aim to beat that total and maybe even raise a tonne. I really hope you will get behind us again, as I know how much difference it made last time.'
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach