People urged to check gardens and sheds in search for missing 75-year-old
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to check gardens and sheds as the search for a missing 75-year-old woman continues.
June Turner, from Bacton Road, North Walsham, was reported missing to police at 12.15pm on Tuesday, October 22, having last been seen at about 8am on Monday, October 21 near Sainsbury's in the town.
Officers have been working with dedicated search and rescue personnel, in both rural and urban areas in and around North Walsham, in the search over the last few days.
Chief Inspector Matthew Dyson said: "Sadly, June still remains missing. We continue to search extensively, working with key partners in the area to gather information and CCTV footage, including speaking to hospitals and local businesses.
"We have also utilised air support in the form of helicopters and drones to search public highways, wooded areas and waterways.
"We would ask the public to check gardens and sheds in the search for June, and if anyone has any information related to her disappearance, we encourage them to get in touch."
She is described as white, 5ft 2 tall, with short, brown permed hair. It's believed she is wearing a long, navy and white woollen jumper, blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue baseball cap and a black puffer jacket.
- 1 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 2 Nail bar owner now planning to open third shop in north Norfolk
- 3 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 7 New group's £3.3 million bid to take over Holt Hall
- 8 Police investigate report of drink-spiking at North Walsham pub
- 9 Memorial bench planned to honour long-serving flood warden
- 10 Siberian dogs are finding new Norfolk homes thanks to three animal lovers
Anyone who may have seen her, or knows of her whereabouts, should call Norfolk police immediately on 101 quoting CAD 156 of Tuesday, October 22.