People urged to check gardens and sheds in search for missing 75-year-old
- Credit: Archant
People are being urged to check gardens and sheds as the search for a missing 75-year-old woman continues.
June Turner, from Bacton Road, North Walsham, was reported missing to police at 12.15pm on Tuesday, October 22, having last been seen at about 8am on Monday, October 21 near Sainsbury's in the town.
Officers have been working with dedicated search and rescue personnel, in both rural and urban areas in and around North Walsham, in the search over the last few days.
Chief Inspector Matthew Dyson said: "Sadly, June still remains missing. We continue to search extensively, working with key partners in the area to gather information and CCTV footage, including speaking to hospitals and local businesses.
"We have also utilised air support in the form of helicopters and drones to search public highways, wooded areas and waterways.
You may also want to watch:
"We would ask the public to check gardens and sheds in the search for June, and if anyone has any information related to her disappearance, we encourage them to get in touch."
She is described as white, 5ft 2 tall, with short, brown permed hair. It's believed she is wearing a long, navy and white woollen jumper, blue jeans, brown shoes, a blue baseball cap and a black puffer jacket.
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 8 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
Anyone who may have seen her, or knows of her whereabouts, should call Norfolk police immediately on 101 quoting CAD 156 of Tuesday, October 22.