Stunning wildlife images proved a highlight of photo club contest
- Credit: Archant
Wonderful wildlife images captured by Tony Howes were judged the highlight of a competition held by the Buxton Photographic Society.
Mr Ellis, who was named overall winner of the contest held at Buxton Village Hall, impressed with his photos of subjects including a crab, a barn owl and a water rail bird.
Dave Jordan, who is accredited by the East Anglian Federation of Photographic Societies, judged the event, which attracted 40 prints and 22 digital images.
Des King, club chairman, thanked Mr Jordan and said: 'Buxton Photographic Club offers members a warm and friendly atmosphere to beginners and more experienced photographers. Our meetings programme this year includes specialist talks and technical evenings with critiques and advice from within the club and from expert professionals.'
The club is planning to host a talk on 'storm chasing' by Chris Bell of Weatherquest later this year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 2 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 5 Has north Norfolk started its Christmas shopping early?
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 7 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate
- 8 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
- 9 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor