Bakery and restaurant to open in former Betty's of Holt site
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
A new bakery and restaurant is set to open in a former site of Betty's of Holt.
Two Magpies Bakery will open at 27-31 Holt High Street and will operate as a cafe, restaurant and bakery, once planning permission is approved.
The bakery runs stores in Norwich, Aldborough, Southwold and Darsham.
The Grade II listed building has been empty since May 2019, when Bakers and Larners closed its Betty's of Holt business.
The new bakery will open from Monday to Sunday from 8am to 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
New owners plan to paint the shopfront blue and install a dome pizza oven.
One public comment on the application raised concerns over the growing number of cafes in Holt.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 4 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 9 Old railway sign to go under the hammer
- 10 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
It read: "We have lost a dry cleaners, an automatic laundry and lack the competition of an alternative supermarket in Holt.
"Surely we do not need another coffee shop."
No other comments were received from the public.
Two Magpies Bakery has been contacted for comment.