Pop-up bank to open in town as permanent branch to close
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up bank is set to serve a town's customers after closure of another branch threatened to leave just one standing.
TSB says its new pop-up in Holt will open this summer as part of a nationwide move to open 43 new temporary branches between April and September.
It will offer payment, bereavement and internet banking services as well as dealing with other general enquiries.
TSB's Holt branch, located on the High Street, will close on June 17, as it prepares to shut 164 branches nationwide in the coming months.
Closure would have seen Holt customers forced to travel 11 miles to Aylsham to access services.
You may also want to watch:
TSB director of branch banking, Carol Anderson said: “Although we’ve seen a significant rise in customers using digital banking, we know accessing banking services and cash remains important to many customers and we’re always looking for innovative and inclusive ways to help them.
“The pop-up service will support our customers in parts of the country where it takes longer to get to a branch."
- 1 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 2 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 8 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk