Town post office reopens after month long closure for refurbishment
- Credit: Post Office
A town Post Office has reopened after being closed for most of January while a full refurbishment was carried out.
The office on New Road in North Walsham has been modernised to enhance its retail offering, with new additional counters for shop sales.
The office's four postal counters remain in place.
Printing, photocopying and passport photos services are now available at the branch and it will also stock a selection of greetings cards, helium balloons, giftware and stationery.
During the three week closure, the post office ran a mobile service alongside an outreach service at St Nicholas church hall to continue its service.
You may also want to watch:
In October the branch in New Road, North Walsham was franchised to NG North Walsham Ltd, with Neal Gurney, who is already postmaster of several branches in Norfolk taking over the helm.
Matt Hatfull, Post Office network provision lead, said: “The whole Post Office and store looks modern and fresh, it looks really good.”
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 4 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 5 Dispute over coastal holiday park plans
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 8 Parts of north Norfolk coast stay quiet in first weekend after roadmap
- 9 Popular heritage railway to reopen in April
- 10 Lifeboat called to four people and dog stranded off the coast