Care home worker realising dream by opening cake shop
- Credit: Submitted
A care home worker is about to realise her teenage dream by opening a cake shop.
Rebecca Wilkinson, 26, is preparing to launch Scrumptious Home Bakes on Stalham High Street this month.
She said: "I've wanted to do it since I was 16. I used to love when me and my mum would go shopping and walk past cake shops and see the windows and the cakes.
"I'd love other people to get that same excitement I used to get when I was a little girl."
The shop should open this month, selling cakes, loaded brownies, savoury pastries and hot and cold drinks including milkshakes.
Ms Wilkinson, from Blofield, is a fully qualified chef and currently works in a care home, a job she will give up to open her own business.
During the pandemic started selling cakes from home.
- 1 New car boot to take place monthly after early success
- 2 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 3 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 4 Spitfire to soar over north Norfolk for jubilee
- 5 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 6 Care home told to improve after concerns over medicines and staff training
- 7 Norfolk coastal trek named among best UK pub walks
- 8 Obituary: Blacksmith who began career in abandoned cowshed dies at 74
- 9 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
"Friends said why don't you make cakes, we love your cakes and brownies."
Opening hours will be Monday to Friday 7am to 5pm and Saturday from 8am to 3pm.