McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- Credit: Archant
More than a dozen McDonald's restaurants across Norfolk are hiring new staff as the fast food giant embarks on a huge recruitment drive.
It is looking to fill 20,000 roles across the UK, with 50 new restaurants planned nationwide and in anticipation of social distancing rules being relaxed in the future – so more staff can work at once.
McDonald's has 1,400 restaurants across the country, with 20 currently in Norfolk.
Now, 16 of those are hiring, including six in and around Norwich.
Roles are currently available at the restaurants in Barrett Road, at Thickthorn, at Longwater, in Boundary Road, at the Asda on Drayton High Road and at Norwich Airport.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, jobs are also going at three eateries in Great Yarmouth, two more in King's Lynn and others in Brundall, Wroxham, Cromer, Swaffham and Snetterton.
Chief executive Paul Pomroy said: "It’s fantastic to be able to offer an additional 20,000 people an opportunity to work with us."
- 1 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 2 Goats on a slope return to seaside town for summer grazing
- 3 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
- 4 Sunday market cancelled over weather warning
- 5 New summer car parks to open on coast
- 6 Mementoes from 2021 buried in time capsule at new pool
- 7 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 8 Council's holiday let sell off after failing to make enough money
- 9 School's dinner lady retires after almost 50 years
- 10 Forest school launches new mothers and babies group