Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- Credit: Auction House
It's a home that really offers the chance to live like royalty.
Looking like a real-life castle, this home for sale in Norfolk comes with a parapet, turrets and balcony.
But in fact the Castle, The Grove, in Cromer Road, Holt, which is coming under the hammer, was built as a conventional house inside.
Built in the early 19th century using knapped and pebble flint work, it looks every bit the stuff of a fairy tale.
Inside it sleeps up to 10 and has been used as holiday accommodation. Previously it was used a part of the Gresham's school campus for training until it was transformed into a holiday home by previous owners in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
It has intricate mock turrets and a castellated balcony with architectural details on both the front and rear.
Tucked away just outside Holt it could now be a family home or bought as a holiday investment, say agents Auction House.
- 1 Police condemn 'blatant' lockdown breaches as 160 fined
- 2 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 3 'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- 4 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 5 Dispute over coastal holiday park plans
- 6 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 7 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 8 Parts of north Norfolk coast stay quiet in first weekend after roadmap
- 9 Popular heritage railway to reopen in April
- 10 Lifeboat called to four people and dog stranded off the coast
It also comes with the option to buy two building plots adjoining the site and further garden land.
The livestream auction is on February 10.