Church hall takes over as Post Office closes temporarily
- Credit: Google Maps
A church hall and mobile unit are set to take over postal services in North Walsham after its Post Office closed until the end of the month.
The hall at St Nicholas Church will host a Post Office outreach service from Monday to Wednesday between 10am and 3pm, while a mobile Post Office van will also visit Vicarage Street car park on Fridays from 9am to 1pm.
The Post Office on New Road is closed until Friday, January 29 in order to allow refurbishment work to take place which will see it increase its retail offering.
Matt Hatfull, Post Office network provision lead, said: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused to our customers during the work. The safety of our customers is of paramount, therefore, to allow for the building work to take place, it will be necessary for the service to close temporarily.”
The outreach service will be provided by Lisa Bonney from Sea Palling Post Office.
In October the office was franchised to NG North Walsham Ltd and Neal Gurney, who is already the Postmaster of several branches in Norfolk, is now in charge of the branch.
- 1 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 4 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 5 Coronavirus recovery centre never used in first wave to be opened
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival