Businessman creates a truly Norfolk card for Christmas
The scene depicts the north Norfolk countryside in all its wintertime glory.
And as well as providing a truly Norfolk feel for Christmas time, the card is also helping raise money for charity.
It has been created by Mike Ashwell who runs Seaview Caravan Park in East Runton to raise funds for a new play area in East Runton and also The RNLI Beach lifeguards who have served on the beach in East Runton for the first time this year.
Mr Ashwell said: 'With being a business, we always have our own Christmas card. In February I went out taking photos when there was all the snow, and then forgot about the pictures until I saw them on my computer about a month ago, and I thought it would be a good idea to give people here a really local Christmas card and also raise money for the two causes at the same time.'
He emailed the FOND (Friends of Norfolk Dialect) group asking them to contribute a verse for the card, and within a few hours they had sent him something back.
You may also want to watch:
The card, which is on sale at The village Supermarket, The Kit Bag and The Fish & Chip Shop in East Runton and The Caravan, Camping and Leisure Shop in West Runton, has already been selling out, but Mr Ashwell has 1,000 copies made, and can produce more if demand fits.
The card costs �1.50 of which, �1 goes to the East Runton play area scheme and 50p goes to the RNLI Lifeguard fund for East Runton.
- 1 Joy as town's beer and gin festival set to return
- 2 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 3 Canal restoration resumes as lockdown winds up
- 4 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 7 From Bradley Walsh to a charity bed push - hospital's history told in new wall feature
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 10 'Why north Norfolk will bounce back'