New woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Norfolk town
A new woodfired pizza restaurant could open in Aylsham - if planners give the thumbs up.
The bid, submitted to Broadland District Council, would see the pizzeria open in the former ironmongers building on Red Lion Street.
The applicant's name is James Hammond and according to planning documents the name of the restaurant could be Normadi's.
A supporting statement says the shop will be a wood-fired pizzeria and wine bar providing take-away service with limited seating inside and on the outside terrace during summer months.
The menu will include wood-fired pizzas, salads and desserts, as well as wine, beer and soft drinks.
A deli counter will sell a selection of cheeses, olive oil and pizza toppings.
The kitchen will also provide the venue for pizza courses and training.
- 1 More than 1,000 drivers caught speeding through north Norfolk town
- 2 More than 20 vendors lined up for town's food festival
- 3 Sand martins stop cliffside house demolition
- 4 Council won't say if departed senior officer received a payout
- 5 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 6 Man in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash in north Norfolk
- 7 Bell McBellface? Names suggested for Norfolk's new beach bell
- 8 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 9 Villagers 'displeased' as phone box removed in email muddle-up
- 10 'Dad would be devastated' - Bench damaged as spate of vandalism continues
It will employ four full-time and two part-time staff.
Opening hours will be Monday to Sunday 11am to 11pm.
The pizzeria would add to the growing list of new restaurants in Aylsham.