Bridge over railway closed off after being declared ‘weak’
- Credit: Archant
A road bridge across a railway has been closed to vehicles after it was found to be too weak to support them.
The bridge is on an unnamed road off The Street, between Aylsham and Burgh, near Valley Lane, Spratts Green.
The structure, spanning the Bure Valley Railway, is now off limits to vehicles until further notice, but pedestrians and cyclists can continue to use the bridge.
A signed diversion for vehicles will be in place.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their understanding.
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 3 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 4 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 8 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 9 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it