Bridge over railway closed off after being declared ‘weak’
- Credit: Archant
A road bridge across a railway has been closed to vehicles after it was found to be too weak to support them.
The bridge is on an unnamed road off The Street, between Aylsham and Burgh, near Valley Lane, Spratts Green.
The structure, spanning the Bure Valley Railway, is now off limits to vehicles until further notice, but pedestrians and cyclists can continue to use the bridge.
A signed diversion for vehicles will be in place.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their understanding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk to get a 250-mile art trail - funded by European cash
- 4 House next to 384-year-old shop on market for £700k
- 5 What next for town, a year after supermarket inferno?
- 6 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 7 Daughter hopes to develop Norfolk's only working water mill
- 8 Ex-landlord, 95, pulls pint in his old pub after 32 years
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history