Bridge over railway closed off after being declared ‘weak’
- Credit: Archant
A road bridge across a railway has been closed to vehicles after it was found to be too weak to support them.
The bridge is on an unnamed road off The Street, between Aylsham and Burgh, near Valley Lane, Spratts Green.
The structure, spanning the Bure Valley Railway, is now off limits to vehicles until further notice, but pedestrians and cyclists can continue to use the bridge.
A signed diversion for vehicles will be in place.
Norfolk County Council said it wanted to thank people for their understanding.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two teenagers arrested following arson at a public toilet
- 2 Vintage train fires up for festive services
- 3 Covid marshals hit the streets in north Norfolk
- 4 Cromer-filmed movie starring Lily James and Ralph Fiennes coming to Netflix in January
- 5 'Festive fun for all' - Thursford's Enchanted Journey Of Light wows on opening night
- 6 Review: Strictly Christmas at Cromer Pier
- 7 New benches at North Lodge Park
- 8 Plans for 52 new homes in Holt recommended for approval despite concerns
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'