Bure Valley Railway attraction to hold Everything Goes weekend
Families will be able to enjoy a variety of coaches, engines and rolling stock in action at a tourist attraction this Bank Holiday weekend.
The Bure Valley Railway, between Aylsham and Wroxham, will be hosting its Everything Goes weekend from Saturday May 24-Monday May 26.
Visitors will be able to visit the Aylsham workshop all weekend.
Andrew Barnes, railway director, said: 'This event will give railway enthusiasts and families alike a chance to see a collection of some of the world's most powerful 15-inch gauge steam engines on display and in operation.'
Trains will be running from both Aylsham and Wroxham and fares will allow unlimited travel on the day they are bought. Children under five will be able to travel for free.
Youngsters will be able to take part in a competition during the train rides, with a free prize for every correct entry.
The Friends of the Bure Valley will also be holding a large second hand book sale at their shop, Buffer Stop Books at Wroxham Station, which includes a wide range of children's and railway books.
- 1 Public toilets in north Norfolk 'swamped' by campervan waste
- 2 Norfolk's bee-eaters: Your pictures of the Trimingham colony
- 3 Banking counter to open after town's last branch closes
- 4 Sainsbury's moves to quash rumour of till closures at Norfolk store
- 5 Competition offers free week at Cromer beach chalet
- 6 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 7 Town Post Office opening date revealed
- 8 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
- 9 Bird watchers set to flock to Norfolk quarry after rare bee-eaters spotted
- 10 New chef brings taste of the Med to town cafe
The Bure Valley Railway is Norfolk's longest narrow gauge steam railway and runs for nine miles.
For more information visit www.bvrw.co.uk or call 01263 733858.