Bure Valley Railway attraction to hold Everything Goes weekend
Families will be able to enjoy a variety of coaches, engines and rolling stock in action at a tourist attraction this Bank Holiday weekend.
The Bure Valley Railway, between Aylsham and Wroxham, will be hosting its Everything Goes weekend from Saturday May 24-Monday May 26.
Visitors will be able to visit the Aylsham workshop all weekend.
Andrew Barnes, railway director, said: 'This event will give railway enthusiasts and families alike a chance to see a collection of some of the world's most powerful 15-inch gauge steam engines on display and in operation.'
Trains will be running from both Aylsham and Wroxham and fares will allow unlimited travel on the day they are bought. Children under five will be able to travel for free.
You may also want to watch:
Youngsters will be able to take part in a competition during the train rides, with a free prize for every correct entry.
The Friends of the Bure Valley will also be holding a large second hand book sale at their shop, Buffer Stop Books at Wroxham Station, which includes a wide range of children's and railway books.
- 1 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 2 ‘Sore heads this morning’ - North Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 4 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 5 'A fantastic success story' - Men's Shed celebrates new premises
- 6 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 7 Bookings fly in as new dog grooming salon opens in town centre
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Tree planted in memory of Prince Philip
- 10 Happy birthday, Arthur! 100 up for Second World War naval hero
The Bure Valley Railway is Norfolk's longest narrow gauge steam railway and runs for nine miles.
For more information visit www.bvrw.co.uk or call 01263 733858.