Housing company celebrates as 16 new homes built in Bodham
- Credit: Archant
A housing company celebrated the completion of 16 new homes in a north Norfolk village, and hopes the project will 'reduce the stigma' of social housing.
Broadland Housing Association (BHA) completed the final phase of its 16 home housing development in the village of Bodham on Friday, October 5.
The project, which was a landmark partnership with North Norfolk District Council (NNDC), and the first of its kind in the county, includes seven affordable homes for rent and three homes sold on a shared ownership basis.
A spokesperson for BHA said: 'The company hopes by building a mixed tenure community it can reduce the stigma around social housing and help enhance the already vibrant and lively community.'
Six market sale homes were also developed as part of the scheme, the first phase of which was finished more than 10 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
The affordable properties were prioritised for households with local connections to the Bodham area, through residence, family and employment.
An NNDC spokesperson said: 'Providing affordable local homes for local people is a key priority for the council and we are really pleased to be able to celebrate with Broadland Housing Group the completion of the first mixed tenure exception housing scheme to be completed in north Norfolk.'
- 1 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 2 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 3 Vets announces temporary closure due to staff shortages
- 4 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 The sea has to be respected - so why don’t people learn?
- 7 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
Cllr Sue Arnold, portfolio holder for housing, said: 'The Bodham scheme reflects an effective partnership between the council, Broadland Housing Group and Bodham Parish Council, as all three parties recognised the need for affordable housing to meet local housing need in Bodham.
'These quality new homes will make a real difference to people's lives and I am proud of the council's role in supporting this fantastic outcome.'
The new homes are intended to reflect the feel of the village, and create a shared community.
Michael Newey, chief executive of BHA said: 'We are once again delighted to have built these much-needed homes in north Norfolk.
'We are very proud of the partnership we have with NNDC and I feel that this is reflected in these high-quality homes of all tenures we have delivered.'
James Phillips, manager of construction company John Youngs said: 'We are delighted to have worked in partnership to deliver quality local housing.'