Awards celebrating generosity and kindness open
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Generosity and kindness are being celebrated with the launch of this year’s Broadland council’s annual Community at Heart awards.
The council has opened nominations for the awards, which see individuals, community groups and businesses being given prizes of £250.
Councillor Karen Vincent, council chairman, said: “We have so many incredible people that go above and beyond in Broadland and our community spirit has never been stronger.
“We want to hear about the amazing acts of kindness and generosity from all those who go the extra mile in our district, from helping out within the community, running sports clubs, fundraising, or volunteering.”
Sponsored by Price Bailey, previous winners and finalists of the awards have included local charities, athletes, litter pickers, devoted friends, choirs and more.
You may also want to watch:
The awards’ 10 category winners will be announced in October, visit broadland.gov.uk/heart to nominate by the closing date of September 27.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 8 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 9 Body of missing 93-year-old man found in village
- 10 Council leader and both her critically-ill parents fighting Covid