Awards celebrating generosity and kindness open
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Generosity and kindness are being celebrated with the launch of this year’s Broadland council’s annual Community at Heart awards.
The council has opened nominations for the awards, which see individuals, community groups and businesses being given prizes of £250.
Councillor Karen Vincent, council chairman, said: “We have so many incredible people that go above and beyond in Broadland and our community spirit has never been stronger.
“We want to hear about the amazing acts of kindness and generosity from all those who go the extra mile in our district, from helping out within the community, running sports clubs, fundraising, or volunteering.”
Sponsored by Price Bailey, previous winners and finalists of the awards have included local charities, athletes, litter pickers, devoted friends, choirs and more.
You may also want to watch:
The awards’ 10 category winners will be announced in October, visit broadland.gov.uk/heart to nominate by the closing date of September 27.
- 1 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 2 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 3 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 6 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 7 'Why reopening on June 21 is the right decision'
- 8 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 9 Holiday home owner calls for guidance over foreign workers
- 10 Is this the ultimate Norfolk road trip?