Awards celebrating generosity and kindness open
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Generosity and kindness are being celebrated with the launch of this year’s Broadland council’s annual Community at Heart awards.
The council has opened nominations for the awards, which see individuals, community groups and businesses being given prizes of £250.
Councillor Karen Vincent, council chairman, said: “We have so many incredible people that go above and beyond in Broadland and our community spirit has never been stronger.
“We want to hear about the amazing acts of kindness and generosity from all those who go the extra mile in our district, from helping out within the community, running sports clubs, fundraising, or volunteering.”
Sponsored by Price Bailey, previous winners and finalists of the awards have included local charities, athletes, litter pickers, devoted friends, choirs and more.
You may also want to watch:
The awards’ 10 category winners will be announced in October, visit broadland.gov.uk/heart to nominate by the closing date of September 27.
- 1 Gresham's School to erect 25 blue plaques for famous former pupils
- 2 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Town leaves Christmas lights on throughout January
- 5 Man seriously injured after crash
- 6 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 7 Study asks: 'What makes this town special?'
- 8 Man in 30s in hospital after Mini crashes into tree
- 9 Number of Covid patients in hospital falls for first time in four months
- 10 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed