British Red Cross appeals for volunteers to collect in north Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A national charity are urging people in north Norfolk to volunteer to raise funds for people in crisis in the county.
The British Red Cross have asked residents for their help collecting donations at Tesco.
The charity needs people to do one or two hour shifts as bucket collectors in May.
The money will be spent on first aid, wheelchairs, helping the elderly and emergency response services in Norfolk.
The collections are at Tesco in Stalham on Sunday, May 5; Fakenham on Thursday, May 9; Hunstanton on Wednesday, May 8; Aylsham on Friday, May 10; and Sheringham on Saturday, May 25.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Fleet, from the Red Cross, said: 'The people of north Norfolk are always so friendly and generous. The more volunteers we have, the more we can raise, so any support would be appreciated.
'The British Red Cross is very well known for being an international charity but we do many things in Norfolk.'
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
For more information, call 01603 253 412 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.