Brexiter challenges remainers to publicly debate him on the hottest issue of the day
- Credit: PA
A passionate north Norfolk Brexit supporter has challenged anyone in favour of the UK staying in the European Union to a public debate.
Steven de la Salle, of Sheringham, said he was tired of 'ridiculously negative letters from EU supporters' appearing in the press.
Mr de la Salle said: 'The comment last week about a vote to leave being a vote for unemployment is disgraceful. In fact, we now have record employment in the UK.'
The Ukip member said he wanted to publicly debate anyone in favour of the UK staying in the EU: 'no matter if Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem or Green', and suggested holding the event in a community centre in Sheringham or Cromer.
Mr de la Salle said members of the public would be invited to attend and ask questions.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in the debate can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 2 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 3 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 4 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 5 'The ultimate challenge' - The man building a boat to beat a world record
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Delays expected on A149 due to roadworks
- 8 'A man of the people' - Heartfelt tribute to Bayfield Hall owner, Robin Combe
- 9 'Being driven inland' - Bus drivers can't afford coast, says company boss
- 10 North Norfolk nostalgia: Sheringham Splash in the 1980s and 1990s