Brexiter challenges remainers to publicly debate him on the hottest issue of the day
- Credit: PA
A passionate north Norfolk Brexit supporter has challenged anyone in favour of the UK staying in the European Union to a public debate.
Steven de la Salle, of Sheringham, said he was tired of 'ridiculously negative letters from EU supporters' appearing in the press.
Mr de la Salle said: 'The comment last week about a vote to leave being a vote for unemployment is disgraceful. In fact, we now have record employment in the UK.'
The Ukip member said he wanted to publicly debate anyone in favour of the UK staying in the EU: 'no matter if Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem or Green', and suggested holding the event in a community centre in Sheringham or Cromer.
Mr de la Salle said members of the public would be invited to attend and ask questions.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part in the debate can email him at email@example.com
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder