North Norfolk’s Breathe Easy Group raised £500 for UK charity
- Credit: Archant
The North Norfolk Breathe Easy group raised £500 for the British Lung Foundation (BLF) last year.
The support group for those in the area suffering from lung diseases such as Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) raised the money through regular fundraising events including raffles, book sales and bake sales.
The group meets on the first Friday of the month, between 1.30pm and 3.30pm, at Sheringham community centre in Holway Road.
The BLF's press and campaigns officer Jenna Greig collected the cheque and met the group.
The BLF is the only UK charity fighting to help the one in five people in the UK affected by lung disease, by researching new treatments, campaigning for better awareness and services, and providing support and advice for patients, carers and family members.
You may also want to watch:
For help and support, call the BLF helpline on 03000 030 555.
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 8 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 9 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder