North Norfolk’s Breathe Easy Group raised £500 for UK charity
- Credit: Archant
The North Norfolk Breathe Easy group raised £500 for the British Lung Foundation (BLF) last year.
The support group for those in the area suffering from lung diseases such as Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF) raised the money through regular fundraising events including raffles, book sales and bake sales.
The group meets on the first Friday of the month, between 1.30pm and 3.30pm, at Sheringham community centre in Holway Road.
The BLF's press and campaigns officer Jenna Greig collected the cheque and met the group.
The BLF is the only UK charity fighting to help the one in five people in the UK affected by lung disease, by researching new treatments, campaigning for better awareness and services, and providing support and advice for patients, carers and family members.
You may also want to watch:
For help and support, call the BLF helpline on 03000 030 555.
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 9 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show