Charity collection box is stolen from volunteer-run cafe
- Credit: Archant
Someone broke into a volunteer-run community cafe in the middle of the night - and stole £4.
The break-in happened at North Lodge Park Tea Rooms in Cromer overnight on October 17/18.
Barry Meadows, from the Friends of North Lodge Park, said: 'Very sadly our lovely cafe was broken into in the early hours of Thursday morning.
'Fortunately there was minimal damage, with the only theft being the contents of the donations jar, amounting to £4.
'No other money or anything of value is kept in the cafe overnight so it was an unrewarding quest for the burglar/s.'
You may also want to watch:
Police said the culprits got in after forcing a window.
A spokesman said: 'No damage was caused to the window and a charity collection box was stolen.'
- 1 £20,000 recording studio set to open in market town bank vault
- 2 Gelato and chocolate shop to open two new Norfolk stores
- 3 Prince Philip's humorous Norfolk care home visit remembered
- 4 The Original Factory Shop set to open in Cromer
- 5 Couple put up for sale £1.1m barn they saved from demolition
- 6 Council puts former public toilets on seafront up for rent
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 9 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published
- 10 Council claws back affordable homes after costly blunder
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should call the police on 101 quoting reference 36/65148/18.