Charity collection box is stolen from volunteer-run cafe
- Credit: Archant
Someone broke into a volunteer-run community cafe in the middle of the night - and stole £4.
The break-in happened at North Lodge Park Tea Rooms in Cromer overnight on October 17/18.
Barry Meadows, from the Friends of North Lodge Park, said: 'Very sadly our lovely cafe was broken into in the early hours of Thursday morning.
'Fortunately there was minimal damage, with the only theft being the contents of the donations jar, amounting to £4.
'No other money or anything of value is kept in the cafe overnight so it was an unrewarding quest for the burglar/s.'
You may also want to watch:
Police said the culprits got in after forcing a window.
A spokesman said: 'No damage was caused to the window and a charity collection box was stolen.'
- 1 Market organiser vows big return after weather fears spark cancellation
- 2 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 3 Father and son rescued after being swept out to sea
- 4 Roll up, roll up as circus hits north Norfolk coast
- 5 Treasure Island coming to north Norfolk pub garden
- 6 Rescuers called as seaside visitors cut off by high tide
- 7 Joy as classic diesel loco gets back on the tracks
- 8 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 9 Objectors gather to protest against 60ft 5G phone mast plans
- 10 Classic cars raise hundreds for charity at Mundesley Motor Show
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information should call the police on 101 quoting reference 36/65148/18.