Bradley Walsh adds celebrity sparkle to Cromer Carnival glamorous granny contest
- Credit: Archant
TV star Bradley Walsh added a touch of celebrity sparkle to Cromer Carnival's glamorous grandmother contest, when he popped in to pick a winner after crowning this year's 'royal' family on Sunday.
Mr Walsh, 59, chose local gran-of-one Trudy Wright, 54, from the line-up, which included grandmothers aged from in their 40s, to over 80.
Also on Sunday's programme was a bonny baby contest won by 10-month-old Callum Branch, a knobbly knees contest won by John Oliver, of Norwich, and a children's fancy dress competition featuring entries ranging from a crab and a bumble bee, to a pair of Cromer peregrine falcon chicks, which bagged first prize for siblings Emily and Elsie Davies.
Carnival committee member Claire Claxton, who has been organising the trio of traditional competitions since 1991, said families enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the day, which also included a gymkhana and a 200-entry custom car show.
She added: "It's just something that people have loved since the beginning of carnival and I think what is particularly nice is that it encompasses every age group."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months