Bradley Walsh adds celebrity sparkle to Cromer Carnival glamorous granny contest
- Credit: Archant
TV star Bradley Walsh added a touch of celebrity sparkle to Cromer Carnival's glamorous grandmother contest, when he popped in to pick a winner after crowning this year's 'royal' family on Sunday.
Mr Walsh, 59, chose local gran-of-one Trudy Wright, 54, from the line-up, which included grandmothers aged from in their 40s, to over 80.
Also on Sunday's programme was a bonny baby contest won by 10-month-old Callum Branch, a knobbly knees contest won by John Oliver, of Norwich, and a children's fancy dress competition featuring entries ranging from a crab and a bumble bee, to a pair of Cromer peregrine falcon chicks, which bagged first prize for siblings Emily and Elsie Davies.
Carnival committee member Claire Claxton, who has been organising the trio of traditional competitions since 1991, said families enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere of the day, which also included a gymkhana and a 200-entry custom car show.
She added: "It's just something that people have loved since the beginning of carnival and I think what is particularly nice is that it encompasses every age group."
- 1 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 2 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 3 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 4 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 5 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 9 Car and front doors opened overnight - but nothing stolen
- 10 Obituary: Milkman who did the rounds for 40 years dies aged 81