Blood donation events across north Norfolk
Several events across north Norfolk next month will give people the chance to donate blood and save a life.
NHS Blood and Transplant is encouraging new and existing blood donors to come forward and take part.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at the service, said: 'With this year's Royal Wedding taking place as well as the normal Easter holidays, we need to make sure blood stocks remain healthy over both bank holiday weekends.'
The service collects around two million units of blood a year and needs 7,000 daily donations.
The first event will take place on April 7 at St Andrew Methodist Church in Sheringham at 1pm, 3.15pm, 4.30pm and 7pm
You may also want to watch:
Another will take place in Hoveton Village Hall on April 8 at 1pm, 3.15pm, 4.30pm and 7pm.
Stalham High School will host a collection on April 14 at 1pm, 3.15pm, 4.30pm and 7pm.
- 1 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 ‘A little bit of joy’ - Coastal town gets a Christmas tree with a difference
- 4 MP pleads for Norfolk to be in lowest Covid tier
- 5 Nurse died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Supermarket ‘champion’ clocks up thousands for charity - in spite of battling coronavirus
- 7 Chef’s thanks for support after new business opens amid cancer diagnosis
- 8 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 9 'This is a call to arms': Care home launches defibrillator campaign
- 10 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
Another event will be held at Aylsham Town Hall on April 19 at 1pm, 3.30pm, 5pm and 7pm.
Appointments should be made ahead of arrival by visiting www.blood.co.uk or by calling 0300 123 23 23.