Art installation scoops national award for Blickling Estate
- Credit: Archant
The Blickling Estate team scooped a national award for its creative art installation, the Word Defiant!
The National Trust Experience Awards 2018 celebrate excellence and innovation in projects and programmes, both indoors and outdoors.
Blickling won the programming through creativity award, thanks to the installation which was inspired by books.
Jo Bosch, visitor experience manager at Blickling Estate, said: 'The Word Defiant! at Blickling was such a positive journey for us last year. Working with artists Les Enfants Terribles, the seven installations boldly raised awareness of the international significance of our book collection, encouraged debate about the importance of the written word, and gained support for the multi-million pound library conservation building project.'
The winners were chosen by a panel of judges led by John Orna-Ornstein, director of culture and engagement, Tarnya Cooper, curatorial and collections director, Tony Berry, visitor experience director and Jess Monaghan, head of experiences and programming.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
- 2 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 All-terrain wheelchairs come to north Norfolk beaches
- 5 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 6 Converted bungalow with 'wonderful' woodland views for sale
- 7 Norfolk beaches named among UK's top 20 hidden gems
- 8 'Anything is possible': 21-year-old uses lockdown to launch business
- 9 Full steam ahead for the Marsham Show 2021, say organisiers
- 10 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches