Art installation scoops national award for Blickling Estate
- Credit: Archant
The Blickling Estate team scooped a national award for its creative art installation, the Word Defiant!
The National Trust Experience Awards 2018 celebrate excellence and innovation in projects and programmes, both indoors and outdoors.
Blickling won the programming through creativity award, thanks to the installation which was inspired by books.
Jo Bosch, visitor experience manager at Blickling Estate, said: 'The Word Defiant! at Blickling was such a positive journey for us last year. Working with artists Les Enfants Terribles, the seven installations boldly raised awareness of the international significance of our book collection, encouraged debate about the importance of the written word, and gained support for the multi-million pound library conservation building project.'
The winners were chosen by a panel of judges led by John Orna-Ornstein, director of culture and engagement, Tarnya Cooper, curatorial and collections director, Tony Berry, visitor experience director and Jess Monaghan, head of experiences and programming.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Dystopian castle' in seaside village may escape demolition
- 2 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 3 Teenagers brighten bus shelter with village mural
- 4 Village pub wins status as asset of community value
- 5 'Fishermen should grow up' - Report sparks clash over crab fishery
- 6 Three farms hit by thefts of valuable tractor GPS systems
- 7 Group overwhelmed by support as they aim to 'reclaim the lane'
- 8 Fishermen accuse wind farm giant of bullying in compensation row
- 9 Historian's shock over footprints on Edith Cavell tombstone
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray