Nature reserve named as one of Britain’s best secret spots
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Blakeney Nature Reserve in north Norfolk has been shortlisted as one of Britain's best 'secret spots'.
In collaboration with the National Trust, McCarthy & Stone curated a list of the 10 best 'secret spots' from around the country.
A trust spokesman said: "Situated right in the centre of the 'Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', Blakeney Nature Reserve is a wonderful place to experience with loved ones and has plenty of things to do in the summer holidays.
"Even in the height of summer it's possible to find large stretches of the coastline and its beaches that are completely deserted, offering a calm and tranquil feel."
A spokesperson from McCarthy & Stone added: "What our top 10 also shows is that you don't need to travel far whether you're planning a staycation this summer or you simply want to explore somewhere exciting and new."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 8 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 9 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?