Nature reserve named as one of Britain’s best secret spots
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Blakeney Nature Reserve in north Norfolk has been shortlisted as one of Britain's best 'secret spots'.
In collaboration with the National Trust, McCarthy & Stone curated a list of the 10 best 'secret spots' from around the country.
A trust spokesman said: "Situated right in the centre of the 'Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', Blakeney Nature Reserve is a wonderful place to experience with loved ones and has plenty of things to do in the summer holidays.
"Even in the height of summer it's possible to find large stretches of the coastline and its beaches that are completely deserted, offering a calm and tranquil feel."
A spokesperson from McCarthy & Stone added: "What our top 10 also shows is that you don't need to travel far whether you're planning a staycation this summer or you simply want to explore somewhere exciting and new."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 5 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 6 Norfolk rugby star takes indefinite leave due to wife's illness
- 7 Sports body pushes for 54-home plan to go before the government
- 8 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 9 See inside former brewery transformed into a cottage for sale for £875k
- 10 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car