Nature reserve named as one of Britain’s best secret spots
- Credit: © ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
Blakeney Nature Reserve in north Norfolk has been shortlisted as one of Britain's best 'secret spots'.
In collaboration with the National Trust, McCarthy & Stone curated a list of the 10 best 'secret spots' from around the country.
A trust spokesman said: "Situated right in the centre of the 'Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty', Blakeney Nature Reserve is a wonderful place to experience with loved ones and has plenty of things to do in the summer holidays.
"Even in the height of summer it's possible to find large stretches of the coastline and its beaches that are completely deserted, offering a calm and tranquil feel."
A spokesperson from McCarthy & Stone added: "What our top 10 also shows is that you don't need to travel far whether you're planning a staycation this summer or you simply want to explore somewhere exciting and new."
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 Car gets stuck at ford after missing warning sign
- 9 Rare melanistic seal pups caught on camera
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk