Blackadder Goes Forth live show coming to North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
An hilarious new version of the top TV comedy Blackadder Goes Forth comes to the live stage in north Norfolk next month.
The repertory company based at the famous Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft, returns to the Atrium arts centre in North Walsham with their new show on Friday May 2.
The talented group won many new local fans when they presented The Vicar of Dibley at the same venue last year.
This time – in the run-up to the 100th anniversary of the outbreak of the First World War – they recreate life in the trenches in all its grim humour.
Captain Edmund Blackadder, the brilliant TV creation of writers Richard Curtis and Ben Elton, will once more be exploiting the stupidity and blind loyalty of Pte Baldrick and Lt George Colthurst St Barleigh and trying to outwit the misguided command of General Melchett aided by Captain Darling.
And highlights are sure to include the tale of the pigeon, Speckled Jim, and a Charlie Chaplin impersonation.
The Seagull company's production brings out not only the comedy but also the pathos of the situation of all of those caught up in the conflict in Flanders from 1914-1918.
- 1 Bin collection days to change for north Norfolk
- 2 Levelling Up bids submitted for pair of Norfolk towns
- 3 North Norfolk village road bridge to undergo repairs after crash
- 4 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 5 Lioness star Lauren Hemp enjoys return of hometown beer festival
- 6 Olivia Colman donates Disney bench to Norfolk youth charity
- 7 Two 'exhausted' women rescued after being found clinging to dinghy
- 8 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 9 Hundreds turn out to see Lionesses star Lauren Hemp given freedom of town
- 10 Stargazers' excitement builds ahead of Perseid meteor shower
Tickets for Blackadder Goes Forth are £10 (concessions £8) and are available on line from www.theatrium.org.uk or from the venue's box office (Wednesday-Friday afternoons) by calling 01692 400080, or from the Showcase Gallery in North Walsham Market Place.
? Folk-rock multi-instrumentalist and singer Phil Beer, one half of the highly popular Show of Hands duo, is in concert at the Atrium on Friday May 9.
And on Saturday May 17, direct from the West End, Gay Soper will be presenting an evening of songs from the shows spiced with theatrical anecdotes.
The Stage Direct Amateur Theatre Company will be returning to the Atrium with dark comedy The Wedding Room, on Friday May 23 and Saturday May 24.
This year's Atrium Variety Show has been postponed due to illness.