Biker tenant thanks staff for ‘best day of my life’ as he rides motorbike again
- Credit: Archant
A former biker's wish came true when he was surprised with the chance to ride a motorbike again.
Tom Hawthorne, a tenant at an Aylsham housing care scheme, had his dream come true when staff arranged for him to take a Triumph motor-tricycle out for a spin.
Mr Hawthorne, who used to ride Triumphs in his younger days, thanked the staff and said: "It's been the best day of my life.
"I can't say thank you enough to all the bikers and staff for making my day."
The event, at Green Lane View, run by NorseCare, saw the surprise event attended by 68 motorbikes, with a tombola and barbecue put on for the residents.
You may also want to watch:
The housing with care scheme provides support to tenants to live independently, where they can put a wish on the scheme's wishing wall.
With help from social media and local groups, the surprise was arranged which also raised money on the day for an amenities fund and cancer research.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 4 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 5 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 6 Trees planted as part of community project
- 7 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
The wishing idea has been introduced in NorseCare homes and schemes to provide surprises and wishes to tenants and residents.
Ideas as simple as an ice cream on a sunny day or as intricate as a motor bike meet or renewal of wedding vows have been made in homes and schemes as part of NorseCare's wellbeing strategy, enabling residents and tenants to continue to enjoy their lives and be surprised by having their dreams come true.