Biker tenant thanks staff for ‘best day of my life’ as he rides motorbike again
- Credit: Archant
A former biker's wish came true when he was surprised with the chance to ride a motorbike again.
Tom Hawthorne, a tenant at an Aylsham housing care scheme, had his dream come true when staff arranged for him to take a Triumph motor-tricycle out for a spin.
Mr Hawthorne, who used to ride Triumphs in his younger days, thanked the staff and said: "It's been the best day of my life.
"I can't say thank you enough to all the bikers and staff for making my day."
The event, at Green Lane View, run by NorseCare, saw the surprise event attended by 68 motorbikes, with a tombola and barbecue put on for the residents.
You may also want to watch:
The housing with care scheme provides support to tenants to live independently, where they can put a wish on the scheme's wishing wall.
With help from social media and local groups, the surprise was arranged which also raised money on the day for an amenities fund and cancer research.
- 1 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 2 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 3 Tributes to 'true gentleman' from well-known Cromer family
- 4 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 5 Police investigation into Thorpe Market death 'ongoing'
- 6 Bank staff could work from Drill Hall after branch closes
- 7 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 8 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 9 Park cafe reopens indoors after months of al fresco service
- 10 Plaque unveiled in memory of 'passionate' railway volunteer
The wishing idea has been introduced in NorseCare homes and schemes to provide surprises and wishes to tenants and residents.
Ideas as simple as an ice cream on a sunny day or as intricate as a motor bike meet or renewal of wedding vows have been made in homes and schemes as part of NorseCare's wellbeing strategy, enabling residents and tenants to continue to enjoy their lives and be surprised by having their dreams come true.