Bicycle thieves strike in North Walsham
Police are urging people to secure their push bikes when left unattended after a spate of thefts in North Walsham.
Opportunist thieves have walked away with three bikes that have been left unsecured in the town in the last few weeks.
The most recently reported theft, where offenders stole a yellow and black mountain bike from underneath a carport along Recreation Road, happened between February 5-7.
Two other unsecured bicycles were stolen from Happisburgh Road and Harmer Close last month, between January 7-23.
North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Kersty Brooks said: 'I would advise and strongly ask that cyclists secure their bicycle every time it is left unattended, even if it is only for a few minutes, as it only takes a few seconds for opportunist thieves to push or ride the bicycle away.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in relation to thefts should call the North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Sport and TV stars heading to Norfolk for new festival
- 6 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Organisers 'hopeful' Cromer Carnival 2021 will be able to take place
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney