Bicycle thieves strike in North Walsham
Police are urging people to secure their push bikes when left unattended after a spate of thefts in North Walsham.
Opportunist thieves have walked away with three bikes that have been left unsecured in the town in the last few weeks.
The most recently reported theft, where offenders stole a yellow and black mountain bike from underneath a carport along Recreation Road, happened between February 5-7.
Two other unsecured bicycles were stolen from Happisburgh Road and Harmer Close last month, between January 7-23.
North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Kersty Brooks said: 'I would advise and strongly ask that cyclists secure their bicycle every time it is left unattended, even if it is only for a few minutes, as it only takes a few seconds for opportunist thieves to push or ride the bicycle away.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in relation to thefts should call the North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 3 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 4 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 5 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Car park used for Covid jabs returns to general use
- 9 Cromer hospital staff raise hundreds for new cancer unit
- 10 New Sunday market to feature street food, music and crafters