Bicycle thieves strike in North Walsham
Police are urging people to secure their push bikes when left unattended after a spate of thefts in North Walsham.
Opportunist thieves have walked away with three bikes that have been left unsecured in the town in the last few weeks.
The most recently reported theft, where offenders stole a yellow and black mountain bike from underneath a carport along Recreation Road, happened between February 5-7.
Two other unsecured bicycles were stolen from Happisburgh Road and Harmer Close last month, between January 7-23.
North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Kersty Brooks said: 'I would advise and strongly ask that cyclists secure their bicycle every time it is left unattended, even if it is only for a few minutes, as it only takes a few seconds for opportunist thieves to push or ride the bicycle away.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in relation to thefts should call the North Walsham Safer Neighbourhood Team on 0845 456 4567 or e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Hotel in north Norfolk named one of the best in the UK
- 2 Callum, 9, finds mystery bone while fossil hunting on the beach
- 3 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 4 Car overturns in north Norfolk crash
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Country park awarded 'Green Flag' for 17th year in a row
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Pedestrian hit by lorry in Aylsham
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk