Best friends to have their hair shaved off for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two North Walsham youngsters who are best friends are having their heads shaved for charity.
Lilly and Libby (no surname given), now 10, have known each other since reception and are best friends.
On Sunday, June 8, they are planning to have their hair shaved off for Make-A-Wish UK, a charity that grants life-changing wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
The girls said in a message on their fundraising page: 'Thank you so much for all your sponsors, it's so cool to have your support and to know we are all making a difference to at least one poorly child's life.
'Let's keep sharing so we smash our target.'
You may also want to watch:
The pair's parents said: 'We're both extremely proud of our girls, their courage and selflessness is inspirational. They are doing such a wonderful thing for very sick children and their families.
'It's not often you have two 10 year olds who want to shave their hair off for such a charitable cause. Lilly and Libby are such beautiful souls.'
- 1 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 2 'We love this street' - New deli opens in Cromer
- 3 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 4 Charity horse ride around north Norfolk estate planned
- 5 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 6 Parents urged to talk to their children about vandalism at skate park
- 7 New rules for coastal care home in special measures
- 8 Covid memorial to be created - but it will disappear after four hours
- 9 Rescued pony arrives at new home on celebrity's farm
- 10 Could you be a gilly warden? Ex-quayside volunteer hopes role is revived
Shaun Campbell, Make-A-Wish regional fundraising manager, said: 'I think that both Libby and Lilly are very brave to be shaving their hair off, but are doing so for incredible reasons and allowing us to grant more transformational wishes.
'I wish both of them the very best of luck and thank you for your amazing support and fundraising efforts'.
The shave will take place at the federation of North Walsham junior, infant and nursery schools fair, and donations to their fundraising effort can be made here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/libbyandlilly