Best friends to have their hair shaved off for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two North Walsham youngsters who are best friends are having their heads shaved for charity.
Lilly and Libby (no surname given), now 10, have known each other since reception and are best friends.
On Sunday, June 8, they are planning to have their hair shaved off for Make-A-Wish UK, a charity that grants life-changing wishes to children and young people fighting life-threatening conditions.
The girls said in a message on their fundraising page: 'Thank you so much for all your sponsors, it's so cool to have your support and to know we are all making a difference to at least one poorly child's life.
'Let's keep sharing so we smash our target.'
You may also want to watch:
The pair's parents said: 'We're both extremely proud of our girls, their courage and selflessness is inspirational. They are doing such a wonderful thing for very sick children and their families.
'It's not often you have two 10 year olds who want to shave their hair off for such a charitable cause. Lilly and Libby are such beautiful souls.'
- 1 Wartime spirit fills north Norfolk as 1940s weekend returns
- 2 WATCH: Pigs root out Second World War bomb
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 'Pass slow and wide' horse procession held in north Norfolk
- 5 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 7 Town's skatepark finally reopens
- 8 Lifeboat crews called to help sinking fishing boat off Norfolk coast
- 9 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 10 New golfing trophy named after club stalwart
Shaun Campbell, Make-A-Wish regional fundraising manager, said: 'I think that both Libby and Lilly are very brave to be shaving their hair off, but are doing so for incredible reasons and allowing us to grant more transformational wishes.
'I wish both of them the very best of luck and thank you for your amazing support and fundraising efforts'.
The shave will take place at the federation of North Walsham junior, infant and nursery schools fair, and donations to their fundraising effort can be made here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/libbyandlilly