Best friends praised for bravery after shaving their heads for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two ten-year-old girls have been praised for their bravery after shaving their heads for a children's charity.
Libby Locke and Lilly Sargeant both braved the shave at a North Walsham school fair, for Make-A-Wish.
The girls, who have known each other since reception, were given their dramatic new looks on Sunday, June 8.
They aimed to raise £1,000 for the charity, who grant the wishes of children with life-threatening conditions, but collected a total of £2,024.30 via their JustGiving page.
The pair stated on the page: 'We're best friends who want to make a difference to sick children's lives.'
You may also want to watch:
Shaun Campbell, Make-A-Wish regional fundraising manager, said: 'Libby and Lilly have been absolutely amazing from start to finish,
'Without people supporting our work we wouldn't be able to continue granting wishes.
- 1 Taxi driver beaten up in case of mistaken identity
- 2 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 3 Sea sponge given name with a Norfolk twist
- 4 Rats issue at coastal car park resolved
- 5 Trees planted as part of community project
- 6 Pretty 16th century cottage with 'door that leads to nowhere' is for sale
- 7 Concern over state of beach following £22m sandscaping project
- 8 Mental health hospital owed £2m to staff and creditors when it shut
- 9 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
'They were so brave, and we all want to say thank you.'
You can still donate by visiting their fundraising page.