Your top north Norfolk chippies to visit on National Fish and Chip Day
- Credit: Denise Bradley
Whether you prefer a piece of cod, a fish cake or even a battered sausage, north Norfolk's fish and chip shops will be celebrating them all on Friday for National Fish and Chip Day.
With the day fast approaching, we asked readers for their favourite chippies in the area, so here are some suggestions to try on the big day.
The Sheringham Trawler, Sheringham
Based on Sheringham High Street, this chip shop is open between 12am and 7pm from Thursday to Saturday and 12am until 4pm on Sundays.
Mary Jane's, Cromer
You may also want to watch:
This well known coastal chip shop based on Garden Street is open from 11:30am until 9pm from Monday to Thursday, opening for an extra half an hour on Friday evenings.
On weekends the shop opens from 11:30am until 10pm on Saturdays and 12pm until 9:30pm on Sundays.
- 1 Children stuck on cliffs and 11 in trouble in sea on busy weekend
- 2 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 3 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 4 Black Prince returns for first journey of the year at North Norfolk railway
- 5 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach
- 8 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 9 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
Based on Co-Operative Street in the town centre, Dave's is open from 12pm until 6:45pm every day with the exception of Friday when it opens until 7:30pm.
Buxton Fish and Chip Shop, Buxton
This chip shop based at the heart of the village on Crown Road is open from 11:45am until 7:30pm from Monday to Thursday, closing at 8pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
Lams, North Walsham
Based on Station Road, this chip shop opens from 4:30pm to 7:30pm from Tuesday to Thursday, opening from 11:45am to 7:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
The Fish Shop, Roughton
This popular stop off on route to the coast is open from 11:15am to 7pm on Sundays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, with longer opening hours until 8pm on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
Based on Church Street, this long-standing chip shop is open from 12pm until 9pm every day except for Wednesdays when it closes earlier at 7pm.
Broadland Fish and Chips, Stalham
Located on the High Street, Broadland is open from 4:30pm until 7:30pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and from 11:30am until 8:30pm on Fridays and Saturdays.