Hoveton firm’s expansion plans on hold, after case deferred
- Credit: Supplied
A Broads business will have to wait a little longer to move into larger premises, after plans that would have enabled the switch, were deferred ahead of a council meeting.
Hoveton firm Benthic Solutions in Marsh Road wants to move into new premises in Church Field, but that's contingent upon 25 new homes being built on the new site.
The marine environmental consultancy firm was due to present its case for the construction of new premises in the town, which could enable the creation of 45 jobs, to North Norfolk district councillors on Wednesday, December 20.
But a council spokesman said the item was deferred to the next meeting in January in order to add further consultee comments, including from the public, to the written report.
A similar application to build 25 new homes on the Church Field site, which would have enabled the firm's move, was rejected by councillors in September.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 3 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 6 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 7 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 8 Cromer captured in stunning detail by academy students
- 9 Revealed: The fastest place to sell a home in Norfolk
- 10 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?