Beer festival cheers Holt community centre funds
Beer drinkers have boosted an appeal to fund improvements to Holt community centre.
A weekend charity beer festival at the venue doubled its debut figure from last year and will top �1,000 profit.
Organiser Duncan Baker said more than 1,000 pints had been enjoyed by a 350-strong turnout on Friday and Saturday.
As well as 16 different local ales, there was also live music which reached a climax with a 'carnival atmosphere' on Saturday night.
The event came about through the resurgent local Round Table club responding to a rallying call from the centre, which is looking to increase usage and is embarking on a �100,000 programme of improvements which includes an appeal for �12,000 of local fund-raising.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the event raised �600, but was hopeful of doubling that this time, said Mr Baker.
Three years ago Holt Round Table had shrunk to just one member, but a concerted effort now saw it as one of the youngest and strongest local clubs in the international network of clubs for men under 45, he added. They had a dozen members with an average age of 26.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 3 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 6 Your say - What is your favourite restaurant in north Norfolk?
- 7 Classic Ibiza setlist for Blickling Estate revealed
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Stunning north Norfolk images shared to mark Norfolk Day
It is a social club, where meetings range from sport to outside visits, which helps charity as a spin off.
The festival was also helping attract prospective members. Anyone interested in finding out more about Round Table can contact Mr Baker on 07971 980422.
Anyone who can help the community centre fund-raising should contact centre administrator Freda Davy on 01263 713427.