Norfolk hopefuls audition for Sheringham’s Christmas panto
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for Sheringham Little Theatre's Christmas and New Year panto, Beauty and the Beast.
Auditions have been held for the chorus with nearly 20 Norfolk hopefuls turning out at the theatre – some of them straight from a youth production, The Battle of Boat.
They were vying for a dozen roles – two teams of six – in the panto, which runs from December 8 to January 1.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Once again we had a terrific response from local young people wanting to be part of our pantomime.
'We are thrilled with the youngsters we have chosen, and sorry for those we could not fit in this year.
You may also want to watch:
'Beauty and the Beast is very ambitious, and particularly demanding on the local children joining the professional cast – so the auditions were really testing.'
The action takes place in an enchanted castle home of the prince-turned-Beast, as his relationship with village girl Belle unfolds amid drama, song and magical mayhem before the happy-ever-after ending.
- 1 Nature lovers' dream? Two wildlife paradises for sale
- 2 Dancers' dilemma: Pier show cast priced out by Airbnb
- 3 Fond farewell for lifelong Cromer crab fisherman
- 4 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 5 Demolition of seaside hotel begins
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Cromer florist 'delighted' as new business flourishes
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 10 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
The theatre is also repeating last year's successful link-up, when it staged the Wizard of Oz, with the Norwich Puppet Theatre to provide some extravagant characters to wow audiences, she added.
Those chosen after having their dancing and singing abilities judged by the panto's choreographers Gretel Brice and Michelle Thomson, along with vocal coach Charlotte Joyce, will now begin rehearsals, ready to link up with the main cast professionals on November 22.
Sheringham's take on Beauty and the Beast features a script penned by London West End stage star Killian Donnelly, currently playing Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, who has previously written a trio of other pantos for the venue in a relationship stretching back to 2011.
The panto is being directed by Nick Earnshaw with Ron Sayer as musical director. There are two shows a day (normally 2pm and 6pm).
For more information and tickets call the box-office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.