Norfolk hopefuls audition for Sheringham’s Christmas panto
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are now on sale for Sheringham Little Theatre's Christmas and New Year panto, Beauty and the Beast.
Auditions have been held for the chorus with nearly 20 Norfolk hopefuls turning out at the theatre – some of them straight from a youth production, The Battle of Boat.
They were vying for a dozen roles – two teams of six – in the panto, which runs from December 8 to January 1.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'Once again we had a terrific response from local young people wanting to be part of our pantomime.
'We are thrilled with the youngsters we have chosen, and sorry for those we could not fit in this year.
'Beauty and the Beast is very ambitious, and particularly demanding on the local children joining the professional cast – so the auditions were really testing.'
The action takes place in an enchanted castle home of the prince-turned-Beast, as his relationship with village girl Belle unfolds amid drama, song and magical mayhem before the happy-ever-after ending.
- 1 Woman says symptom diary could 'save lives' after wait for cancer diagnosis
- 2 Barriers could block mountain bikes from north Norfolk beauty spot
- 3 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 4 New book reveals how Albert Einstein's stay in Norfolk may have saved his life
- 5 All you need to know ahead of the Cromer New Year’s Day Fireworks 2022
- 6 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 7 Plan for new public loos in north Norfolk get £500,000 boost
- 8 Plans submitted to transform soft play area to restaurant
- 9 Duncan Baker MP 'welcomes' investigation into alleged Christmas party
- 10 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
The theatre is also repeating last year's successful link-up, when it staged the Wizard of Oz, with the Norwich Puppet Theatre to provide some extravagant characters to wow audiences, she added.
Those chosen after having their dancing and singing abilities judged by the panto's choreographers Gretel Brice and Michelle Thomson, along with vocal coach Charlotte Joyce, will now begin rehearsals, ready to link up with the main cast professionals on November 22.
Sheringham's take on Beauty and the Beast features a script penned by London West End stage star Killian Donnelly, currently playing Jean Valjean in Les Miserables, who has previously written a trio of other pantos for the venue in a relationship stretching back to 2011.
The panto is being directed by Nick Earnshaw with Ron Sayer as musical director. There are two shows a day (normally 2pm and 6pm).
For more information and tickets call the box-office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com.