Bentley once owned by Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein on show at classic cars event
- Credit: Archant
A car once owned by Beatles' manager Brian Epstein will be on show at a classic vehicles and live music event.
The Bentley S3 was bought by Mr Epstein following the band's hugely successful American tour in 1964, and is rarely seen by the public.
The Rocky's Road festival has been organised by Aylsham's Paul Moore, whose father Peter played bass guitar for Ricky and the Hucklebucks when they supported the Beatles in Norwich at the Grosvenor Arms in 1963. Peter's nickname was Rocky.
Mr Moore said: "Dad always loved rock'n'roll and classic cars. The event will be held in his honour, and will raise money for Kidney Care UK, which supported our family in times of need."
The day will also include live music, food, drink, stalls, and a vintage aircraft flypast.
It will be held on Aylsham recreation ground, Sir Williams Lane, from 12pm to 6pm on Sunday, July 14.
- 1 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 2 Where and when you can park for free in north Norfolk this Christmas
- 3 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 4 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 5 Conservatives gain Lib Dem ward in double by-election victory
- 6 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 7 Deer herds relocated as part of dinosaur attraction's expansion plans
- 8 Sensory tent to feature at lights switch-on
- 9 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 What's in a Broad? Delving beneath the surface of Norfolk's wonderful waterways