Beast from the East batters north Norfolk as snow closes schools and wreaks travel havoc
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk residents are in for another day of frosty temperature and disruption as the Beast from the East leaves a think blanket of snow across the region.
Hundreds of Norfolk schools are closed and many motorists have been urged to take care on the roads.
North Norfolk schools which have confirmed they will be closed on Wednesday include Alderman Peel High, Wells; Aylsham High School; Bacton Primary School; Cromer Academy; Cromer Junior School; Sheringham High School; North Walsham High School; Gresham's Village School and Nursery
• Let us know what it is like where you are. Send in your photos and videos to email@example.com, or send them to us on our Facebook pages.
Bin collections in north Norfolk have also been suspended today.
A spokesman for the North Norfolk District Council confirmed this is due to treacherous weather conditions.
The spokesman added: 'Householders are advised to leave their bins out so they can be collected by crews when it's safe for them to do so.'
- 1 First coastal road marathon in three decades hailed 'magnificent' success
- 2 Road closures in place for north Norfolk marathon
- 3 North Norfolk hotel named among most romantic and best small stays in UK
- 4 Holkham pub closes to drinkers to become hotel and restaurant
- 5 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 6 Hundreds visit new art gallery in Cromer in its first week
- 7 Couple about to leave north Norfolk fish and chip shop
- 8 VOTE NOW: Have your say on Norfolk's best fish and chips
- 9 'He inspires me' - Alice preps for marathon with her dad
- 10 Human rights monolith to be unveiled on village green
They asked residents to keep an eye out for updates via social media.