Beast from the East batters north Norfolk as snow closes schools and wreaks travel havoc
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk residents are in for another day of frosty temperature and disruption as the Beast from the East leaves a think blanket of snow across the region.
Hundreds of Norfolk schools are closed and many motorists have been urged to take care on the roads.
North Norfolk schools which have confirmed they will be closed on Wednesday include Alderman Peel High, Wells; Aylsham High School; Bacton Primary School; Cromer Academy; Cromer Junior School; Sheringham High School; North Walsham High School; Gresham's Village School and Nursery
• Let us know what it is like where you are. Send in your photos and videos to email@example.com, or send them to us on our Facebook pages.
Bin collections in north Norfolk have also been suspended today.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the North Norfolk District Council confirmed this is due to treacherous weather conditions.
The spokesman added: 'Householders are advised to leave their bins out so they can be collected by crews when it's safe for them to do so.'
- 1 Shock as public toilets torched FOUR times
- 2 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 3 Cafe reveals exciting revamp as town gets ready to reopen
- 4 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel
- 5 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 6 Historic farmhouse in six acres with holiday barn for sale for £1.65m
- 7 Hare coursers snared by police officers using night vision goggles
- 8 Woman bit female police officer after neighbour dispute arrest
- 9 'It went a bit potty' - New cafe owner's tough first few months in lockdown
- 10 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
They asked residents to keep an eye out for updates via social media.