Beast from the East batters north Norfolk as snow closes schools and wreaks travel havoc
- Credit: Archant
North Norfolk residents are in for another day of frosty temperature and disruption as the Beast from the East leaves a think blanket of snow across the region.
Hundreds of Norfolk schools are closed and many motorists have been urged to take care on the roads.
North Norfolk schools which have confirmed they will be closed on Wednesday include Alderman Peel High, Wells; Aylsham High School; Bacton Primary School; Cromer Academy; Cromer Junior School; Sheringham High School; North Walsham High School; Gresham's Village School and Nursery
• Let us know what it is like where you are. Send in your photos and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send them to us on our Facebook pages.
Bin collections in north Norfolk have also been suspended today.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the North Norfolk District Council confirmed this is due to treacherous weather conditions.
The spokesman added: 'Householders are advised to leave their bins out so they can be collected by crews when it's safe for them to do so.'
- 1 The Original Factory Shop to open new site in north Norfolk
- 2 'Power buyers' help pump up north Norfolk housing market to new heights
- 3 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 4 Beavers hard at work transforming chalk stream after Norfolk introduction
- 5 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 6 See inside this converted Victorian school on sale for £650,000
- 7 Foodbank changes name to reflect increased demand
- 8 Amazing aerial shots show scale of shipwreck
- 9 Man released on bail after reports of fight in village
- 10 Praise for retiring controller who kept an eye on Norfolk's coast
They asked residents to keep an eye out for updates via social media.