Barge helped by Cromer lifeboat
Cromer's lifeboat crew went to the rescue of three people off the north Norfolk coast yesterday after their barge developed steering problems.The all-weather lifeboat Lester was launched at 12.
Cromer's lifeboat crew went to the rescue of three people off the north Norfolk coast yesterday after their barge developed steering problems.
The all-weather lifeboat Lester was launched at 12.10pm to go to the aid of the 60ft Dutch barge Just Joyce, 8.5 miles north-west of Cromer.
The crew reached the boat, which had three people on board, at 12.35pm and began towing it to Wells at 12.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 2 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Excitement as heritage railway's 1940s weekend returns
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Drivers face delays due to temporary traffic lights
- 7 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 8 Caribbean workers helped to save Norfolk's fruit harvest
- 9 Your say - does Aylsham's market need to improve?
- 10 Cromer: gang throw glass bottles at group near beach