Barge helped by Cromer lifeboat
Cromer's lifeboat crew went to the rescue of three people off the north Norfolk coast yesterday after their barge developed steering problems.The all-weather lifeboat Lester was launched at 12.
Cromer's lifeboat crew went to the rescue of three people off the north Norfolk coast yesterday after their barge developed steering problems.
The all-weather lifeboat Lester was launched at 12.10pm to go to the aid of the 60ft Dutch barge Just Joyce, 8.5 miles north-west of Cromer.
The crew reached the boat, which had three people on board, at 12.35pm and began towing it to Wells at 12.55pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Street’s Christmas lights switched on early to “brighten things up”
- 2 People released from car after crash closes road
- 3 Special report: Future of Holt Hall hangs in balance ahead of recommendation to close it
- 4 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 5 How a now quiet North Norfolk village was once a bustling European port
- 6 Davies, Blogg, Sadler and Shipp - Local families inspire school’s new house system
- 7 Christmas arrives in Cromer with fantastic lights display
- 8 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 9 How a north Norfolk holiday hotspot was before tourists
- 10 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub